Our client provide services for the design, development, system
configuration, sale, installation and after sales support of digital
television products and systems, for the delivery of live video and
- To provide support to design engineers during the development phase of
new products and perform basic design verification testing before formal
- To develop test plans, methods and tools, to ensure that the company
has the confidence that design outcomes comply with original or amended
- To support assigned design projects by reviewing specifications,
providing guidance on documentation, and developing and implementing
test strategies for components, sub systems, and prototypes both as
units and within sub-systems.
- To document the level of design verification, and communicate any
non-compliance and remaining risks to the business.
- To contribute to the development of test strategies within the
function as a whole.
- To identify, with recommendations for solution, issues of
non-compliance to specification arising from test routines.
- To liaise with other departments and customers to resolve problems
with the deployment of equipment at customer installations.
Essential Person Skill/Experience:
- Likely to be educated to a higher vocational qualification level in
electronic/electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in the design or product support sectors associated with
complex digital communication equipment and of RF test measurements in
product acceptance, or integration.
- Evidence of an interest in test methodologies across a broad spectrum
of analogue and digital technologies and automation strategies.
- A knowledge of the broadcast industry and MPEG/DVB theory would be
- Ability to communicate clearly on technical or safety matters in
written reports as well as interpersonally with design groups and teams.
To apply for this position, candidates
must be eligible to live and work in the UK